I receive a monthly enewsletter from the site Exercise 4 Weight Loss. If you like this recipe you might want to go to the site and sign up for the newsletter. They have recipes on the site, but I couldn’t find this one there, so I’m adding it here. What is nice about that site is that their recipes include Weight Watcher Plus Points. So here is the one from this month’s newsletter. I haven’t made it yet, but it sounded so good when I saw it this morning, I plan to tonight! They also provided another recipe that links right to the website: Crock Pot Cauliflower Soup.
Update: Made the orange chicken. I liked it really well. I will make it again. Danny said, “Quite excellent!” But then he’ll eat most anything except pot pies.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
1 serving = 5 Weight Watchers Plus Points
What You Need:
- 2 Carrots, large, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 Red bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 Green bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 8 ounces Orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups Orange segments or canned, mandarin oranges
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It:
The directions below are just for the orange chicken part. For the brown rice, prepare as directed on box.
- Put carrots, peppers, garlic, then the chicken, ginger, salt, pepper & frozen orange juice in Crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter.
- Top with orange segments and green onions.
Number of Servings: 8
Nutrition Information Per Serving
230 calories, 3.3g total fat, <1g saturated fat, 2g fiber, 28.4g protein, 21.3g carbohydrates, 374mg sodium, sugar 18g.
Org Pts 4; Pts Plus 5
The nutrition and points information do not include the rice